SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS
Slip-and-fall accidents are huge component of premises liability law. In many of these cases, insurance companies will try to minimize your settlement by attempting to disprove your claim, or to get you to accept an inadequate compensation. Once you have accepted an insurance settlement, you waive your right to seek damages under a personal injury lawsuit. If you sustain an injury from a slip-and-fall in Los Angeles, then it is imperative that you consult with a personal injury attorney before you discuss anything with your insurance company. Mr. Naziri understands the tactics insurance companies use to coerce victims into accepting small settlements that will inadequately cover their medical expenses. He will negotiate with insurance companies while you take the necessary time to heal.
What to do after a slip & fall accident :
- Immediately report the accident to the store manager, landlord, homeowner, or person in charge of the facility where you fell. If you fell in a business or on a rental property, the manager or landlord should document the accident.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Your health is your top priority. Plus, you will need to have your injuries documented in order to receive compensation for your medical bills.
- Take photos of the EXACT location where you fell, and of any conditions that may have contributed to or caused your slip and fall accident. Take notes of any conditions, the time of the accident, etc. These photos are very important to determine who’s at fault, and the condition that caused your injuries.
- Collect the names, addresses, and phone numbers of any witnesses.
- Store the shoes and clothing that you were wearing at the time of the accident in a safe place.
- Contact an attorney before you talk to the insurance company or sign any papers. Otherwise, you may give up your rights to be compensated for pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Many insurance companies offer to pay your medical bills and want you to sign papers that basically state you will not file a claim against them. However, these “medical bills” may be for initial treatment only.
You may be able to recover compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Wage loss
- Pain and suffering
- Potential future medical expenses
An experienced attorney is essential to securing a fair verdict or settlement in slip and fall cases. Mr. Naziri understands the difficulties presented by slip and fall lawsuits, and has the resources on hand to addresses these issues appropriately. His ability to prove liability in slip and fall cases has led to many successful settlements and verdicts for the victims, and he works diligently to ensure his clients recover the compensation they deserve. Contact Naziri Law Firm today at (818)-888-6675 or TOLL FREE at (888)-9-GOT-LAW for a free case evaluation!